Can I return it if there's nothing wrong with it?
Absolutely! We offer a 30 day returns guarantee on most items, (we're nice like that). So if you need to bring it back, just bring it back to any Argos store. Or if you had it delivered, we can collect it for free and refund your original delivery charge. If it is a small item you can also return it to a store at a convenient time for you and we can refund you immediately. However it may take 5 - 7 days for your bank to process the money. We'll either refund the cash onto the original payment method or offer you an exchange. Easy.
You just need these 3 things:
Your proof of purchase.
The item should be unused, in its original packaging and in a re-sellable condition.
Any free items that came with your product unused and in a re-sellable condition.
Can I return it if there's something wrong with it?
First, we recommend you check our support site to see if we can solve your issue and save you the trouble of returning your item, or call us on 0156 21083.
If you've had it less than 30 days...
We'll happily return or exchange the item. If the item is faulty, you'll get the choice of a repair, replacement or refund. If you had it delivered and your item is faulty or damaged by us (during the delivery process), and you return the full order, we'll refund the delivery charge, if you paid one, as well as the item cost.
If you've had it for more than 30 days...up to 12 months
We'll assess what's wrong and then, if possible, we may arrange for it to be repaired.
If it's faulty, we'll fix it, replace it or give you all or some of your money back depending on how long the product might reasonably be expected to last. But after 6 months we might need you to prove that it was faulty at the time when you bought it, collected it or had it delivered. We're afraid wear and tear isn't included.
And of course - none of this affects your consumer rights!
How do I return my item?
Return to store
If you collected your product in store or had a small item home delivered, you can simply take it to one of our stores to return it with your proof of purchase.
Please note: 'small items' are anything small enough to be delivered by a single person, from light bulbs to TVs.
Arrange a collection
For small home delivery items, you can arrange a collection if it's more convenient for you. And larger home delivery items (such as furniture) need to be collected by us.
To arrange a free exchange or collection please call us on 0156 21083.
Want to exchange it? For most items, we may be able to offer an exchange. If you'd like an exchange, first reserve a replacement item online to make sure we have it in stock. We wouldn't want you to leave all empty-handed and disappointed.
If you're considering returning your product because you're in a muddle setting it up or assembling it, our range of quick guides, videos, product manuals and manufacturer helplines may be just what you need.
Find them here.
Is there anything I can't return?
There are some things we can't do returns for, such as food and some jewellery unless of course they're faulty. Our website and catalogue clearly show which items are excluded.
If the item or the packaging has been handled excessively to assess the goods (i.e. more than you would if you were buying it in a shop) we reserve the right to reduce the amount of refund to you.
During the returns process, we might ask for the product serial number or similar, to check the item was actually supplied by us.
Naturally, none of this affects your consumer rights.
Terms & conditions
If your product(s) have qualified for a free Argos voucher/Argos gift card and you return them under our 30 day money back guarantee, the free Argos voucher/Argos gift card must be returned. If the qualifying products aren't returned then the Argos voucher/Argos Gift card amount will be deducted from the money refunded. Our 30 day money back guarantee does not affect your consumer rights, in particular any right you have to return the goods under the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013.
European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013
Under the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013 you have the right to cancel your order for any item bought on this website for a full refund. This doesn't apply to:
- Items reserved for collection in store where they are paid for on collection.
- Goods and services where the price is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market, and cannot be controlled by the trader.
- Goods made to the customers specification or are clearly personalised.
- Goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly, i.e. newspapers, periodicals, magazines.
- Sealed audio or video recordings, or computer software if unsealed after delivery.
- Goods that become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
To cancel email customer services, call 0156 21083, email us on our order enquiries email or write to us at Argos Direct, Acton Gate, Stafford, ST18 9AR. You can use the model cancellation form. Collection is free.
If you wish to return your product to store then please do so but don't struggle in with a sofa or a washing machine - we'll collect it from you!
If you return your order to store then please ensure you bring your order documentation with you.
- You can cancel anytime from placing your order up to the end of a period 14 days after you take possession of the goods (or in the case of a multiple orders, the last part of the order).
Please take reasonable care of the goods, we are entitled to deduct an amount from the refund to reflect any loss in value of the goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling
of the goods by you. You are entitled to examine and test the goods as you would in a store environment (e.g. check sizes, functions etc). You will receive your refund within 14 days of notifying us
that you wish to cancel if we are collecting the goods or within 14 days if you return the goods to us at one of our stores.
- Please make it clear when you cancel that you are cancelling under the European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013.
- You may cancel an order for services in the same way, within 14 days of the date of purchase unless the service begins sooner. You may not however cancel accommodation, transport or leisure services which occur on a specific date.
- The European Union (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013 do not apply to Financial and Insurance Services.
- If you have an Internet order query, please Email Customer services or call us on 0156 21083.
- (For security and training purposes, telephone calls to and from Customer service centres may be recorded or monitored).
We always look to resolve issues directly with our customers and our teams will be happy to assist with your queries. Under European Legislation,
if you are not satisfied with the way that we propose to resolve any issue you have with a product you have ordered via our website or by telephone,
you may raise a complaint with the 'European Online Dispute Resolution Platform'. You can raise a complaint by following this link https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/.